Monday, August 9, 2010

Photography


As anyone who knows me will know, I have been dabbling in photography for many years.
I began with a Kodak Brownie (with flashbulbs!) as my first camera when I was about 10.

I think I may have had several other "beginner" cameras before my first 35mm SLR. I used the Pentax K1000 for many years and most of my collection of slides was using this camera with several different lenses (from 28mm to 500mm with a multiplier -- see image - you can purchase this as a small poster in my store)

I finally decided to join the digital age and got a small Coolpix. So neat not having to worry about film and being able to see the image immediately and delete it if it is bad. I was saving my money to purchase a "real" digital SLR and I had a break in. All of my photo gear and electronics were stolen!

OK - with the insurance money, I bought the Canon EOS. Superb! I took several shots to get the hang of all the features and ... I was burgled AGAIN!!!

After a few months, I got over the shock and decided I needed some kind of camera, so I bought a used Pentax K1000 at a thrift shop and then some inexpensive lenses to approximate my original 35mm setup. About 2 years later, I bought another Cookpix and just recently, I've been taking the time to learn all of it's secrets. It is pretty fantastic, but I really miss the wide angle and long distance lenses.

I've been uploading some of the better images to my products on my Zazzle store/s. (See link above)
There are many fantastic photographers on Zazzle here is just a sample of those that have created calendars with their photos.
I just had to post a favorite that is related to my Muir heritage in Scotland.
Beautiful Scotland Calendar 2011 calendar
Beautiful Scotland Calendar 2011 by claire_shearer
Many more calendar designs available at zazzle

No comments: