Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Armchair photography

After the last post "Nature in your back (or front) yard" I asked my fellow shopkeepers at Zazzle to provide some of their images, taken from inside their house, of nature outside their window or door.

As I expected, there were a range of images. Below are some of the first.

By Jicha_design (Germany):
(sitting in the garden) Most of my photography is done when I am walking, looking for the small things around me, but this one was done in my own garden, in my own chair. I read a book, camera beside me and hoped to capture just this.


By mlewallpapers in central Maryland (USA)
Top - I wasn't sitting in a chair at the time, but I did take this picture through the window because I didn't want to disturb the baby birds. Two baby swallows were resting on our deck, waiting for their mother to come back, and they were too cute to pass up.
Bottom - Similarly, I was out on the deck when I caught ... this adorable deer in the woods.
Baby Barn Swallows Print
Baby Barn Swallows Print by mlewallpapers
Search for another posters online at Zazzle
Adorable Deer in the Woods Photo Print
Adorable Deer in the Woods Photo Print by mlewallpapers
See more Adorable deer in the woods Photography

By Bebops in Upstate, New York (USA):  
Top - This is the one and only photo I've gotten of an ermine. I just happened to look out the back window as this flash of white appeared, chasing after a chipmunk. I snapped this as he paused to figure out which way the little chipmunk had gone.
Bottom - A goldfinch caught my eye up in a tree during autumn. The bird seemed to blend right in with the colored leaves. 

Goldfinch and Autumn Leaves Print
Goldfinch and Autumn Leaves Print by Bebops
Browse other Gold Posters

By olga hutsul in Thornhill, Ontario, (Canada):
This grape was growing right on the trellis over my deck - I watched it grow every day, as I had my morning tea. One day in the afternoon sun it reached in my eye a state of perfection, I was fascinated by the light coming right through the grapes and this is when i grabbed my camera. The next day it was gone - devoured by a flock of chirpy birds in a few minutes (I can easily say that I did not have a second chance to photograph it).

sunkissed autumn grapes gallery wrapped canvas
sunkissed autumn grapes gallery wrapped canvas by myworldtravels
Make a photo canvas online at Zazzle.

By tickleyourfunnybone in Georgia (USA):
Top - Taken from my den in Roswell, GA
Bottom - Taken while sitting and playing SCRABBLE with my dad in Alpharetta, GA

BD- Flying Hawk Note/Greeting Cards
BD- Flying Hawk Note/Greeting Cards by patcallum
Look at more cards from Zazzle.
BC-Squirrel Mousepad
BC-Squirrel Mousepad by patcallum
Create your own customizable mouse pads online at Zazzle.

By Andy2302 Southeastern, Massachusetts (USA):
Top - Here's a katydid looking in through a glass door.   
Bottom - On the same glass door is this big assassin bug in silhouette.

Bug Silhouette ~ t-shirt
Bug Silhouette ~ t-shirt by Andy2302
View more Silhouettes T-Shirts

By ingasi in Arizona (USA): 
Here's some morning sunlight playing on the wall of my balcony and the pine tree in Tucson, AZ.
 

1 comment:

Bebops said...

Wonderful shots from our windows!